What is an Instagram carousel post?
An Instagram carousel is a post with multiple photos that can be viewed by swiping or clicking left. Up to 4 images can be added and shared as a single post on the feed.
Why choose an Instagram carousel? Allow your brand to give step-by-step instructions, show the product from different angles, build intrigue, show before and afters.
Instagram carousel size and requirements
The Instagram carousel can be published in square, landscape, and portrait formats, but keeping all images the same size is recommended. The first image format will change the size of the following image.
Instagram carousel sizes:
Landscape: 1080 x 566 pixels
Portrait: 1080 x 1350 pixels
Square: 1080 x 1080 pixels
Aspect ratio: landscape (1.91:1), square (1:1), vertical (4:5)
Recommended image size: Width of 1080 pixels, height between 566 and 1350 pixels (depending on whether the image is landscape or portrait)
How to schedule Instagram carousel posts with PromoRepublic?
Go to PromoRepublic and tap Create Post to launch the post editor.
Select the Instagram account you want to publish to (it can be both Instagram Personal and Instagram Business).
3. Select Send to mobile.
4. Include caption in the message section and add Post Ideas, uploads, or Graphic editor images. Select up to 4 photos you want to include in your carousel. All selected images should appear in the Post Editor.
5. Select a date and time to schedule your post.
6. Make sure that you have installed the mobile app on your phone.
7. Tap Schedule. The post will show up in your Calendar when you have scheduled it for.
8. You will receive a mobile notification at the scheduled date and time that your post is ready to publish.
9. Tap the notification or go to the On Hold section on your mobile app.
10. Tap Publish on the necessary post, and the app will open an Instagram.
11. Tap the + button, select the feed, choose the right images (the ones you set in PromoRepublic should load automatically as the first images in your gallery).
12. Add any filters to your images, as you would publishing a regular Instagram post.
13. The caption is be copied to your clipboard automatically. Just paste it.
14. Finally tap Share. And here you go! Your Instagram carousel has been published.
Instagram first comment is not available for carousel posts.
There are no limitations on aspect ratio ranges.
If you have any further questions, please contact us at [email protected].