In PromoRepublic you can connect Facebook groups that you manage, but not those where you're a Member.
When the group is connected install SocialPost app inside the group settings.
When it comes to connecting Facebook groups, your PromoRepublic account must be synced with a personal profile, that has an Admin role on these groups, so check what personal profile you're authorized in at www.facebook.com.
Connecting a group its Admin profile is automatically attached to your PromoRepublic account as the host. Thus, your PromoRepublic account has a specific Facebook profile associated with it.
After this essential step is done, adding a group is easy as 1-2-3!
1. Whether you're in the workspace settings or in the Calendar select Facebook.
2. Allow SocialPost to access your Facebook account. In the first pop-up window hit Continue as [your profile name]. Then hit OK.
If you click on Choose What You Allow, you'll see that all the pages and groups are ticked by default. We suggest that you leave it as it is. Giving permissions doesn't mean that we want to have access to your data or that we'll post there without you involved in the process. The purpose is solely to set the connection.
But if you insist on deselecting some pages, make sure that the Groups section is ticked, because it is mandatory. Otherwise, you won't be able to add pages.
3. Pick the page in the drop-down list and click Connect.
4. It is very important that you authorize PromoRepubilc by clicking on the appropriate blue button in the middle.
It will direct you to the group settings, where you must hit Add and finish with Done.
5. Go back to PromoRepublic and Close the window.
Here is a video tutorial to demonstrate the instructions given above.
In case you don't see the necessary group on the list, head over to this guide.
If you have any further questions, please reach us at [email protected].