When connecting a Facebook group, there sets the connection between your Facebook and PromoRepublic accounts. This is what we call a token.
It means that a certain Facebook profile gets associated with your PromoRepublic account.
It is not possible to associate a certain PromoRepublic account with several Facebook accounts as well as it is not possible to associate a certain Facebook profile with several Promorepublic accounts.
When it comes to connecting Facebook groups check that your Facebook personal profile is assigned an Admin role on these pages. It is very important that you check if you're authorized in your profile at www.facebook.com on the computer.
Here is a typical flow on how to connect a Facebook group to PromoRepublic.
1. Whether you're in the workspace settings or in the Calendar click on the Connect button, and select Facebook.
2. It will trigger a pop-up window asking you to allow SocialPost to access your Facebook account information. Click Continue as [your Facebook profile name]. And follow the rest of the steps.
3. Pick the necessary group in the drop-down list and click Connect.
4. It is very important that you authorize SocialPost in this particular group by clicking on the blue button in the middle.
It will direct you to the group settings where you'll need to add SocialPost. Scroll down to the very bottom, find the Apps section, and do the four steps below as shown:
1) Click on the pencil icon;
2) Click on the blue Add Apps button;
3) Type in the app name in the search bar - SocialPost (one word without space);
4) Hit Add.
5. Go back to PromoRepublic and Close the window.
Here is a video tutorial to demonstrate the instructions given above.
In case you don't see the necessary group on the list, head over to this guide.
If you have any further questions, please reach us at [email protected].