Now, with Video Posting you can schedule and publish videos to Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter.
Although, video publishing is limited for Instagram, Pinterest and Google My Business. When attempting to post a video to these platforms, it won't be published, but its preview image instead.
So, how can you add a video to your post in PromoRepublic?
There are two ways you can start the post creation:
- Create Post
- Click on "Create Post" button.
2. You will be redirected to the post creation page, where you are to choose the file from your computer drive.
3. Pick the desired video and hit "OK" or simply drag and drop it. Right away you will see the video being uploaded.
- Go to the Calendar, select the time slot you want to post to and hit the "New Post" button.
2. Next choose "Create Post from Scratch."
Then choose a video from your computer and upload it as it is described above.
Once the video is uploaded and caption is written, then your piece of content is ready to be scheduled.
If you decide to choose 'Publish Now' option, be prepared that it will be live in the feed in several minutes, because the video needs to be converted on PromoRepublic server first and then on Facebook backend.
Please, see the following technical limitations for video publishing in this article.
Also please mind these minor, but very important nuances when preparing video content:
- One video is allowed to be posted at a time
- You can't post simultaneously more than one video or a video and a GIF or an image - just one video or multiple photos.
- Change video name before uploading it, because you can't edit the file name inside PromoRepublic
- When reposting a video post, the video itself won't be re-published, but only the text, if any. That is why you'll need to re-upload the file as you initially did.
For future updates, we are working on preview selection and possibility to change video name directly in PromoRepublic interface, and improve the video reposting process.
If you have any additional questions, please reach out to us at [email protected].