With PromoRepublic it is possible to post Instagram Stories manually. As you might know, Instagram API restricts posting stories as mentioned here.
Even though it might be complicated, but you can post stories but through the mobile app. Ther is also another important nuance - your Instagram page must be connected to PromoRepublic as a personal page even if it is a business one.
Here is a typical flow of posting Instagram Stories through Promorepublic on Android devised (for iOS the view might differ a little).
As you can see in the calendar, we offer two connection options: Instagram Personal and Instagram Business.
Even if your page is already connected as Business, you need to connect it as Personal in order to post Stories.
3. Log in the same way that you use on the desktop: email/password OR Facebook.
4. On desktop schedule the desired post and you'll be notified on your cell phone when it's time to publish it.
5. In the PromoRepublic app click on the red Post button to start the process.
6. On the next step it says that you have to log into the necessary Instagram account (in case you have several) and that the caption (if any) will be automatically copied, so you don't have to re-write it, but simply paste it. Hit OK to proceed.
7. Select Stories. At this stage, you're redirected to the Instagram app.
8. Now you see regular Instagram functionality. Edit your picture if needed and hit the arrow at the bottom.
And finally share it.
Please note that, unlike a feed post, a story can't be re-posted in the Calendar.
Also, don't forget to assign the proper size to the picture in the Graphics Editor.
Adjust the artwork dragging it by the corners.
If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected]